The fifth (B-5) of the National B License Tests in Gran Turismo 5 on the PlayStation 3 is all about basic cornering. This video will show you how to get the gold trophy! If you haven't unlocked these tests yet, all you need to do is purchase your first car.
B-5: Basic Cornering Theory
This test is extremely hard!
Brake a lot later into the corner than the driving guide tells you to and brake hard. The key is to brake properly while picking the right line through the corner - if you apex too soon you'll run wide on exit and into the dirt or have to lift.
The apex of the corner (in layman's terms) is the ideal point of the corner where you want your inside tires the closest to the curb. You can also think of it as the point where the entrance of the corner transitions to the exit.
Once you get on the power after the apex you want to keep it on the floor until you cross the line.
Even with all the examples in the world, it'll probably take you much longer to complete this test than any of the other B tests.
Note * Played with a regular six-axis PS3 controller.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades