This video shows how to take apart a Play Station 3 (PS3) in order to clean the disc reading lens. First locate the sticker that says "void if removed" and remove the plastic cover from this point with a screw driver. Once this cover is removed there is a second cover which is removed by unscrewing the nine screws which hold it into place and rotating the cover towards the front of the device. Disconnect the disc housing on the right by pulling out the smaller cable then remove the five screws on the housing and pull out the white plastic disc. Next remove the five smaller screws and pull off the black cover setting it to the side. Use a high glass cleaner applied by a Q-Tip in order to clean the lens and use a dry Q-Tip in order to rub off the excess. Now reassemble the device.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades