This video contains instructions for disassembling the Blu-ray Disc drive in your PlayStation 3. If you've never attempted to take apart the Blu-ray drive, then you must watch this, or you may possibly damage your PS3 for good! See how to teardown the Blu-ray player, all the way down to the laser transport. This is very useful if you need to replace the drive and want to save about $70-$100.
Also, in part two of this series, see how to remove and replace the PS3 Blu-ray drive KES-400A lens from the KES-400AAA assembly. Word has come in that some lens units ship with packaging or tape over the lens. Be sure to check that the lens is free of tape or other protective packaging before putting your Blu-ray drive back together.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades