Although your Blu-ray Disc player inside your PlayStation 3 may be working just fine, there are cases where they have been known to fail, specifically the laser. This is a very rare case, but if it happened to you, if your Blu-ray player isn't reading your movies anymore, this guide aims to help you fix it. Watch the video to learn how to disassemble the PS3 to retrieve the Blu-ray player.
Then see the steps to disassembling the actual Blu-ray drive to find the laser. This is a little more tricky, so see the final steps to replacing the laser at the Blu-ray Forum.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades