According to PlayStation Network @ Home, a new app may allow hackers to ban or unban anyone they please from PSN.
As evidence, the blog offers the following words taken from a now-defunct thread in the PSX Scene web forum:
Hot off the press, and on the heels of Sony trying to find all the modded PS3 consoles, comes a funny story from SKFU's Blog (an PS3 researcher/developer), along with a real way to UNBAN yourself, but watch out LEGIT PS3 owners, you could end up being banned by another user!
2) We can modify all traffic sent and received by the PlayStation3
The PSN servers would recognize the TOS violation and check the online user database for known connections based on the ID's. The user and his consoles who really owns the ID's would be banned.
If the rumor proves true, it may only be a matter of time until all PlayStation owners find themselves banned from Sony's gaming network:
Even a simple Windows application which goes through ALL ID's may be possible. 24 hours and any console worldwide would be banned.
More as the story develops!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades