This video shows how to change the NAT type on a PS3. Go to connection settings>network settings>internet connection settings>OK>custom>wired connection>auto detect>manual. Choose an IP address that is different from your router, any other consoles, etc. Click right>automatic>do not use>enable. Press x to save settings, and test your connection. In this example, NAT type is 2. Now go to your PC and open IE. In the address bar, input router IP address, username and password. Go to Firewall Rules. Click Edit, under Start, type in the PS3 static IP address. Leave Finish empty. Leave the rest of the settings the same. Click apply. Go to Inbound Services. Put the IP address of the PS3 in again under Send to LAN server. Leave the rest of the settings the same, click Apply. Reboot your router/modem and Playstation and put in a game. Try to play online, and your NAT type should be set to open.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades